Apprenticeship is a career pathway where individuals can earn and learn at the same time! It includes:
Earn a competitive wage from day one
Gain knowledge with structured learning and on-the-job training
Enhance your resume with industry-recognized credentials
The apprenticeships last 3-4 years, depending on the field. We offer positions in fields such as plumbing, electrical, heavy equipment, and roofing. Apprentices serve as full-time Facilities employees, responding to jobs across campus, earning competitive wages from the start. They also partake in ongoing classroom learning and are required to take industry testing.
Upon completion of the program, apprentices not only gain full-time jobs within Facilities, but highly-valued industry skillsets and credentials that will serve them lifelong.
Who is eligible?
Current Facilities employees in pay bands 1 or 2 can apply.
What are some of the minimum requirements?
- High school graduate or GED.
- Ability to take classes on-line and complete specified coursework independently and on schedule.
- Letter of recommendation from current Director, Associate Director, or Manager.
- No current active disciplinary actions on record.
- "Bronze" score on ACT WorkKeys Assessment.
How do I apply?
Contact Anthony Watson (1-6852; firstname.lastname@example.org).