The Facilities Department's Housekeeping unit provides housekeeping services on a scheduled basis to general funded university academic and administrative buildings. The team creates a clean and well-maintained environment for students, faculty, and staff. The Housekeeping team is responsible for cleaning approximately five million square feet of academic and administrative space across the university. The Facilities Department also contracts with outside vendors to clean an additional 1.2 million square feet of university and leased space. A program of custodial care is provided to each building based upon need and funding.
Services provided for the university academic and administrative buildings include:
- Offices, hallways, entrances, and stairs are cleaned on a scheduled basis, Monday through Friday
- Classrooms are cleaned after-hours, Sunday through Thursday
- Restrooms are cleaned and serviced daily, Monday through Friday
- Carpets and floors are cleaned periodically
- Housekeeping services are not provided on weekends
Requests for service schedules, questions concerning custodial services, and specific service problems should be directed to Facilities Customer Service at 540-231-4300.
To request special or extra services on a reimbursable basis, submit an Interdepartmental Service Request through HokieMart.
For housekeeping services related to residence and dining halls, visit Housing and Residence Life’s website.