The division's Engineering Services supports Virginia Tech's facilities and operations. The team of engineers is dedicated to ensure the safety, reliability, and efficiency of all campus buildings, systems, and infrastructure.
- Informal mechanical, electrical, and plumbing project design.
- Building systems construction, maintenance, and repair (such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical distribution, and lighting).
- Code and standards compliance.
- Testing, inspection, and quality control.
- Energy management.
- Facilities management staff support.
Asset management refers to the process maintaining, and utilizing physical and financial assets in an effective way. It involves identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing the assets of Virginia Tech and creating strategies for their proper maintenance, replacement, and disposal. The goal is to ensure safety, cost- effective operation of the assets, and to increase their return on investment. This covers a wide range of assets, including infrastructure, equipment, facilities, and vehicles.