Virginia Tech® home

Employee Housing

To meet programmatic requirements, the university may provide specified employees housing controlled by the university available at or near Agricultural Research and Extension Centers (ARECs), on-campus residences, other field research units, and other residential property controlled by the university.

This housing allows the university to offer continuous operational coverage, security, and readily available personnel in the event of emergency situations. Employees occupying employee housing provided by the university are required to pay rent based on rates developed by the Office of Real Estate Management and the appropriate university department.

Eligibility depends upon the nature of the employee’s duties, the needs of the university as determined by the person(s) responsible for the main program or research activity at a location, and the availability of existing housing.

For more information or to initiate employee housing, contact the Office of Real Estate Management at