Join us for Digital Earth Week!
April 19 - 28, 2020
Virginia Tech is excited to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day on April 22, despite disruptions from novel coronavirus. There are many "digital" events planned for Earth Week, so please don't hesitate to join in the fun! Follow us on social media for more information or view our calendar of events. There is a mix of local and national events listed that everyone can take part in and enjoy! Thank you!
- Instagram: @vtsustainable
- Twitter: @VTSustainable
- Facebook: Virginia Tech Office of Sustainability
- Facebook: Virginia Tech Earth Week
- Hashtag #vtearthweek
With the mission to “build a more just and sustainable community through education, action, and appreciation for our world,” Virginia Tech's annual Earth Week events are led by The Environmental Coalition at Virginia Tech, with support from nearly a dozen other groups, including:
- Virginia Tech Office of Sustainability
- Virginia Tech Students for Sustainable Practice
- Virginia Tech Environmental Student Organization
- Sustainable Food Corps
- Food Justice at Virginia Tech
- Sustainable Dining at Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech Office of Alternative Transportation
- YMCA at Virginia Tech
- Blacksburg Farmers Market
Each day of Earth Week is themed around an important sustainability topic, like clean energy, waste and recycling, local food, social justice, and community. The particular events change each year, but the basic mission to take action for and celebrate a sustainable campus and beyond is carried through year to year.