With the mission to “build a more just and sustainable community through education, action, and appreciation for our world,” Virginia Tech's annual Earth Week events are led by The Environmental Coalition at Virginia Tech, with support from nearly a dozen other groups, including:
- Virginia Tech Office of Sustainability
- Virginia Tech Students for Sustainable Practice
- Virginia Tech Environmental Student Organization
- Sustainable Food Corps
- Food Justice at Virginia Tech
- Sustainable Dining at Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech Office of Alternative Transportation
- YMCA at Virginia Tech
- Blacksburg Farmers Market
Each day of Earth Week is themed around an important sustainability topic, like clean energy, waste and recycling, local food, social justice, and community. The particular events change each year, but the basic mission to take action for and celebrate a sustainable campus and beyond is carried through year to year.
For more information on the Earth Week schedule, contact Karlee Siepierski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-231-7358.