Join us for Earth Week!
April 18 - 25, 2021
Virginia Tech is excited to celebrate Earth Day on April 22. There are many "virtual" events being planned for the week and some in-person events, so please don't hesitate to join in the fun. There will also be a mix of local and national events listed that everyone can take part in and enjoy!
- April 18: Youth Climate Organizing Panel
- April 19: Green Engineering Panel
- April 20: Yoga in the Garden
- April 21 and 24: The Blacksburg Farmers Market
- April 22: An Inside Look at Virginia Tech's New Climate Action Commitment: Process, Goals, and Next Steps
- April 22: Earth Day Yoga on the Drillfield
- April 24: Water Monitoring Demonstration
Follow us on social media and view our calendar of events for more.
With the mission to “build a more just and sustainable community through education, action, and appreciation for our world,” Virginia Tech's annual Earth Week events are led by The Environmental Coalition at Virginia Tech, with support from nearly a dozen other groups, including:
- Virginia Tech Office of Sustainability
- Virginia Tech Students for Sustainable Practice
- Virginia Tech Environmental Student Organization
- Sustainable Food Corps
- Food Justice at Virginia Tech
- Sustainable Dining at Virginia Tech
- Virginia Tech Office of Alternative Transportation
- YMCA at Virginia Tech
- Blacksburg Farmers Market
Each day of Earth Week is themed around an important sustainability topic, like clean energy, waste and recycling, local food, social justice, and community. The particular events change each year, but the basic mission to take action for and celebrate a sustainable campus and beyond is carried through year to year.