Sustainability Week is a week-long event held by Virginia Tech in partnership with the Town of Blacksburg and the local citizen’s group Sustainable Blacksburg. The goal of Sustainability Week is to celebrate all of the wonderful progress both the Town and the university have made in creating a more sustainable community, educate students and citizens alike about how to make their personal lives more sustainable, and motivate them to take real, tangible actions towards being a model green citizen.
Sustainability Week 2019
Events the Office of Sustainability is participating in during Sustainability Week 2019:
9/16/19: Virginia Tech Sustainability Forum: Discussing Past Progress and Future Opportunities
- Time and Location: 1 - 2:30 PM, in the Squires Haymarket Theater
- Event Description: Come Share Your Ideas! The forum is intended to provide a brief overview of our successful campus sustainability program and to encourage audience participation with sharing their ideas for continued improvement. Representatives from the Office of Sustainability, the Division of Student Affairs, and the Alternative Transportation will highlight current programs and initiatives, and explore future opportunities. But most importantly, we want to hear what sustainability ideas you have
9/17/19: Moss Arts Center Lobby Displays: Sustainability at VT
- Time and Location: 6 - 7 PM, in the Moss Arts Center Lobby
- Event Description: How are members of the Virginia Tech community exploring and realizing sustainability? Learn more and get involved at this open exhibition of Earth-friendly projects before National Geographic Live, Coral Kingdoms and Empires of Ice. This display features work by the Center for Communicating Science, Center for Food Systems and Community Transformation, Coastal@VT, and others.
9/19/19: Active Commute Celebration
- Time and Location: 8 AM - 1 PM, at the Squires Plaza
- Event Description: Do you bike, walk or take the bus to work or school? Whether you’re a veteran active commuter, a beginner, or just want to learn about your options – come celebrate active commuting with us on Wednesday morning. Free coffee, tea, and breakfast pastries! Drop in anytime…we’ll be there until 1 pm! We are also looking for a few volunteers to help with the Active Commute Celebration Hype Squad. *kid/family friendly