Forms are required through all phases of a construction project. Some are required by Virginia Tech and are specific to the needs of the university. Other forms are required by the Commonwealth of Virginia. Specific forms and links to websites with forms are posted here.
- Design Waiver Request - Required when there is a need to deviate from the current design plan. Requests are made through the ReADY system. Supporting documents must be submitted electronically. The instructions show the information required for the request.
- CADD Quality Assurance Checklist - Required with the submission of any CADD drawings.
- Record Documents Submitted - Required to provide project information and list all records being submitted to the Plans Library.
- Universal Design Checklist - Required for each design drawing packet (schematic, preliminary, and working drawings).
- Variable Frequency Drive Start-Up Checklist - Required prior to start-up by factory certified technician.
Narrative and drawing requirements for submittals are in checklist form. Checklists in these packages are grouped according to the design phase. Instructions for the checklists are included in each design package.
Building Code Compliance Forms – General project forms and special inspection forms are available for download. A few web-based forms are available, also. Forms are maintained by the University Building Official.
Erosion and Sediment Control/Stormwater Management Program – Site plan review and approval forms to comply with the Erosion and Sediment Control and Stormwater Management Program are available. Forms are maintained by the Site and Infrastructure Development department.
Traffic and Construction Impact - Submit a traffic or construction impact request (new or revised) from this site. A Virginia Tech Username (PID) is required to access the request form. For help with impact requests and the Campus Closure Map Viewer, contact the Office of University Planning Assistant Director of Campus Planning at 540-231-7641 or email@example.com.